Saturday, August 16, 2014

Queen sized quilt

I have had this fabric for YEARS! Originally, I thought about making this quilt for Amanda, but then endd up making her another one!

This fabric is called "Good Fortune" by Kate Spain for Moda.

Somehow after making a bundle of half square blocks, I tucked it away. I found it again in my stash last week and fell in love with it again! This time I decided to finish it for our queen sized bed! I was lucky enought to get matching border material by browsing through ALOT of

During the process of making this quilt, I discovered something about myself. I used to think that grey was my least favorite color, but I find grey very soothing in quilts. No, my least favorite color is definitely orange, and although there are pops of orange in this quilt, I mostly discarded the blocks that have a lot, ( too much) orange in them. Heaven only knows what I will do with the leftover orphan block!

 

Maybe a donation quilt!

Anyway, on my design wall is the latest using. Good Fortune! I think that is a wonderful name for q quilt that will cover you while you dream!

 

Matching border fabric!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment