Sunday, June 7, 2015

Weekend Projects

While on my Alaska trip, I bought this center panel for this "Summer Tablerunner" from the quilt shop I visited on our last day in Seattle. I knew it would be the first project I worked on when I got home. I love the way it turned out!

 

And the back :

I purchased this pincushion kit from the first quilt shop I visited in Vancouver, because who doesn't need another pincushion?? The kit came with ground glass as the filler which sharpens all your pins! I usually used rice or crushed walnut shells (pet store). I am looking forward to seeing if it is worth it to be ground glass-sharp pins are awesome!

 

 

 

 

4 comments:

  1. Did you go to the quilt store in Anchorage? It's called the Quilted Raven. Everything they have in that store is marvelous. I bought waaaay to much and enjoyed it immensely.
    Love your pictures. Thanks for sharing the runner. I love it.
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful table runner and pin cushion!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely table runner. Every time you look at it, it's sure to remind you of your great trip. Love the pincushion, too. Thanks for linking to WIPs Be Gone and showing up your finishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dropped by to take a look at the pin cushion you mentioned in your comment on my The Cloth Shop post, I've never heard of putting glass in a pin cushion, how was that? You also went to Seattle, I'm visiting there in a couple of months do you have any recommendations for where I can visit, what's the quilt store you went to? - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete