Saturday, July 18, 2015

I'll Tumble 4 You

Ok, enough BOY GEORGE from 1983!

I have always had a love for the tumbler pieces! So of course I joined the 2015Leader and Enders Challenge with Quiltville (awesome Bonnie Hunter). But....I got carried away and soon it became the focus of my nocturnal quilting!

These are 3 inch tumblers from Accuquilt cutting die!

I made the 38 rows of 41 horizontal blocks=queen sized quilt for our bed, but had too many leftover tumblers to ignore, so I whipped up this "extra" quilt last night:

 

 

Every single piece of blue is from my scraps!

AND....I still have leftovers...perhaps a baby quilt or Tablerunner!

I also finished the "YoYoGabbaGabba/Monsters Inc quilt and put on top of binding! Will sew this to the back while watching a video with mom later today!

Had extra material on my Longarm after quilting the above, so I added a piece of fabric that I have been hoarding since my trip to New York with my buff, Susan long ago! I really want to get better at my Longarm quilting, so I figured if I had a really busy fabric (thank you Jinney Beyer) no one would look too closely at my practicing! I admit! I did improve as the pattern repeated! Muscle memory....yay!

I will send this ruble runner to my sister, Jessica! The reverse side is Monster's Inc, so she can turn it over when her grandson visits!

Read this today from Bonnie Hunter (Quiltville)! She sure "gets" quilters!

____Bonnie Hunter

That's all!!

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment