Saturday, February 19, 2011

Year of the Selfish Quilter

While I was chatting with my husband during one of our "dates", I told him that this is was the "Year of the Selfish Quilter". He asked me if that was from the Chinese New Year Calendar? We laughed until we cried. I then told him that this was from my favorite podcast--QUILT RESOLUTION!
You see, I have made many, many quilts, yet I do not have one that I have made for myself---hard to believe, huh? I have three from my friends (2 from Theresa and one from Sandy) but I have not one from ME!

To be honest-it's not that I haven't STARTED one or BOUGHT the material for a million that I PLANNED on making, it's just that I interrupt my projects to meet deadlines for others...so this year I have vowed to make only the 40+50 year olds a quilt for their bdays (this is a tradition I refuse to give up!). Other than that----I will quilt only for my house, my husband, my two children, donation quilts or for ME!

NOW, if I end up finishing a few for myself, I might start on Christmas projects for others!

This is a gift I got from Susan (one of my best friends!)If you haven't seen her blog, check it out at www.grammiegabs.blogspot.com -----it is full of insightful posts!



Here are a few projects in the midst for me:






And a donation quilt for Quilts for Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment