Friday, March 28, 2014

Best Finds For Me

I love when I purchase something and it becomes my go-to, know it works find!

These three things are "keepers"

These scissors I bought from Karen Kay Buckley. They are serrated and grab fabric so beautifully-for my hand applique project:

 

Next, I will forever use this super expensive glue stick-just because it is the perfect width or container and the perfect quarter inch glue roundness-unlike other glue sticks that are too fat and get glue everywhere! I refuse to pay the full price, but when Joanns has them in sale, I snag some! Still now cheap, It will be my guilty pleasure glue!

This is the hand applique quilt that. I am starting for my 30th Wedding Anniversary quilt. It will be both pieced and hand appliqued! I already have about 100 leaves glue basted and about 200 grapes done. I will be doing the borders by hand and the entire middle will be pineapple blocks, no applique in the center! I have completed one block so far. There are alot of pieces in one block, it's paper pieced and I love to paper piece!

 

The third new to me idea was to scrap piece on top of adding machine tape, so I went to Office Depot today and got a package with 3 rolls! Can't wait to start on that, I usually donate my scraps, but the other day, I pp some scraps and loved pulling out scraps and remembering which projects they were from!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment